Out of Sight Inc.
Creating a Folder and Moving an Email to that folder with Outlook Express
These instructions work with Outlook Express 5 and any version of Jaws or Window Eyes. You do not need to have a screen reader for these instructions to work.
Open Outlook Express.
Creating a Folder in Outlook Express:
- Go to the Folder list. This is done by pressing tab until you here folder list treeview and the name of a folder, likely Inbox.
- Arrow up until you here local folders open.
- Press alt-F to open the file menu. You will hear "New submenu."
- Press enter and you will be on the Folder menu item.
- Press enter to accept this choice and you will be in an edit field.
- Type a name for the folder in the field and tab to OK and press the spacebar. The folder will be created below the Drafts folder in alphabetical order.
Moving an email to the folder.
- Select the email you wish to move by arrowing up and down in your message list.
- Use your applications key or right click on the message to open the context menu.
- Press the letter "V" or arrow down to the "Move to Folder option and press Enter. You will land in a tree list of all your folders.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to select the folder in which you want to move the message and press Enter.
Your message has been moved. If you need to read it, tab to the folder list and use the arrow keys to find the folder you placed the message in, and tab to the Message list and your message should be in the list.
This tip suggested by Suzanne/ Marsha Scearce.
Out of Sight your Home page
||Copyright © 2009 - Out of Sight Inc. All Rights Reserved