Please read our Out-Of-Sight Auction Guidelines.
These guidelines are designed to help our auction to become a pleasant and smooth experience event.
All participants in the Out-Of-Sight Auction are bound by the following guidelines:
Note: members must be at least 18 years of age to participate in the auction event.
1. To provide accurate information about the item, in as much detail as possible, regarding the age, working condition, any significant cosmetic blemishes or damage, and any other information that would be helpful for the bidders to know.
2. To state by Email, at the time of submission of the item, whether or not he/she is willing to ship to a winning bidder located in another country, with the donor, the winning bidder, and Out-Of-Sight sharing the shipping cost in equal one-third portions.
However, the winning bidder and Out-Of-Sight will share the shipping costs only if shipping is done by mail and not by a private shipping firm, such as UPS or Federal Express.
3. To ship the item to the winning bidder within seven calendar days of receiving notice from Out-Of-Sight that it has received payment in full, unless another mutual arrangement has been made between the donor and the winning bidder.
4. If the donor is a volunteer performer whose performance has been won by a winning bidder, within seven calendar days of receiving notice from the winning bidder of the song or reading that he/she would like performed, such performer must notify the winning bidder and Out-Of-Sight, that the performer will comply with the request. Such performer is then obliged to provide such performance, either live or by recording, at the time and place on the site designated by the Board of Trustees, currently the site's birthday celebration in January.
The performer is obliged to perform the song or reading requested by the winning bidder, unless it involves profane, obscene, or morally-objectionable material, or the requested song is in a language foreign to the performer. If the performer has such objection, he/she is obliged to notify the winning bidder and Out-Of-Sight of such objections, by Email, within seven calendar days of receiving the winning bidder's request.
5. Items for auction shall not include: alcoholic beverages, knives, firearms, weapons of any kind, animals, and any item that violates any established law. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to exclude any item from the auction and its decision is final.
6. The deadline for submitting items for auction is 12:00 midnight on the night prior to the auction, unless the Board of Trustees specifically approves items offered on the day of the auction.
1. To make payment in full to Out-Of-Sight within seven calendar days of the auction date, with the understanding that the item will not be shipped by the donor until payment in full is received by Out-Of-Sight. This time limit may be altered or adjusted by special arrangements made between Out-Of-Sight and the winning bidder, such as an extended deadline for payment or installment payments.
2. If the donor is shipping from a country other than that of the winning bidder, the winning bidder, must be willing to share shipping costs with the donor and Out-Of-Sight in equal one-third portions, provided that the shipping is done by mail and not a private shipping firm, such as UPS or Federal Express.
3. To provide Out-Of-Sight the complete and correct mailing address for shipment of the item, which then will be provided to the donor of the item for shipping. If the winning bidder provides an inaccurate or incomplete mailing address resulting in undeliverability, the winning bidder is solely responsible or any reshipping charges resulting from providing such inaccurate address.
4. If the winning bid is to have a volunteer performer perform a song or do a reading as requested by the winning bidder, the winning bidder shall notifythe performer, by Email, within ten calendar days of the auction, the name of the song or reading to be performed, and the winning bidder shall provide copy of such song or writing to the performer. Out-Of-Sight will provide the performer's Email address upon request from the winning bidder. Such requested song or reading shall not involve profane, obscene, or morally-objectionable material, and shall not be in a language foreign to the performer. If the performer notifies the winning bidder of such objection as required in these guidelines, the winning bidder is obliged to provide the performer, by Email, a song or reading that complies with these guidelines within seven calendar days of receiving such notice of objection from the performer.
5. Winning bidders of tag lines on the names of rooms on the site shall limit their tag lines to: the name of the winning bidder or an organization; a short phrase; and a web site address. All proposed tag lines are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees and the Board's determination on the suitability of such tag lines is final.
6. Any bidder who is bidding on behalf of another individual, group, organization, or other entity of any kind, must clearly state that, and reveal the identity of such individual or entity at the time bids are made. Failure to do so may result in: disqualification of the bid; disqualification of the bidder from future auctions; and rebidding of the item by the Board of Trustees.
1. If the donor inadvertently ships an item to an individual other than the winning bidder, and Out-Of-Sight is notified by Email of such error within seven days of the incorrect individual's receipt of the item, Out-Of-Sight will pay for return shipment by mail of the item to a representative of Out-Of-Sight to be designated at the time. Such payment will be made by Out-Of-Sight only if the return shipment is made by mail and not a private shipper, such as UPS or Federal Express. After receiving the returned item, Out-Of-Sight will ship the item to the correct winning bidder within thirty calendar days.
2. If the winning bidder receives an item other than the item bid on, or if the item is damaged or not in acceptable working order, or if the item was not accurately described in some significant aspect, based on the written description published by Out-Of-Sight on its auction page, and if Out-Of-Sight is notified by Email of such a problem within seven days of the receipt of such item, Out-Of-Sight will pay for return shipment by mail of the item to a representative of Out-Of-Sight to be designated at the time. Such payment will be made by Out-Of-Sight only if the return shipment is made by mail andnot a private shipper, such as UPS or Federal Express. After receiving the returned item, Out-Of-Sight will refund the full bid amount to the winning bidder within thirty calendar days.
3. Out-Of-Sight will also consider a full refund of the winning bid to have a performer perform a song or reading, if such performer fails to provide such performance as required in these guidelines.
4. Any other complaint or dispute that may arise regarding a transaction in the auction that is not specifically addressed in these guidelines will be considered on an individual basis by the board of Trustees of Out-Of-Sight. Return to the auction page.
|Copyright © 2013 - Out of Sight Inc. All Rights Reserved|